Thursday, September 30, 2010

R.I.P. JULES CRITTENDEN

This one caught me by surprise:




End Of Combative Operations


The putative end of U.S. combat operations in Iraq is as good an excuse as any to wind down this blog that was a small byproduct of that war.

For a variety of reasons . . . I’m declaring victory and calling an end to combative operations . . .



I know the guy who helped Jules get that embed gig, I helped them get in touch as a matter of fact. That was before the blogging phenomena really took off - for me at least. Now Jules goes the way of other friends of Blog STORMBRINGER. The funny thing is I never really associated Jule's blog singularly with the war and I never thought in a million years he'd align himself with the regime's purely political announcement end of combat operations.

My take on it is Jules is suffering from Post-Blogmatic-Stress-Disorder - a syndrome I just invented-I-mean-identified and will be preparing a paper for presentation at the next Symposium. We're sad to see Jules leave the Blogosphere, and we wish him well in all his future endeavors.


Like The Duke said in that movie, a million lifetimes ago: "Fall back, fall back!"



STORMBRINGER SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment